With increasing pressures on health services and a growing demand for swift treatment, claims for clinical negligence have been on the rise. With settlements for damages in excess of £20m, it is key to ensure clients are provided with the correct advice and cover.
Medical Malpractice insurance provides cover for Individual practitioners and entities who could be subject to malpractice claims arising from their professional negligence including misdiagnosis, physical or mental harm and injury. Practitioners who do not adequately indemnify themselves could have to personally foot the bill as a consequence.
As specialists we can offer:
- Cover for range of target clients from low risk entities to Individual Medical Practitioners to larger entities such as Hospitals.
- The ability to source arrange bespoke schemes with award winning legal support
- A+ rated markets
- Bespoke tailored wordings for each profession
- Extensions of cover outside the standard policy cover
- Extended policy periods and extended reporting periods
- Medico Legal Helpline
- Additional policy coverages available such as legal expenses, employers’ liability and cyber liability.
Placing malpractice insurance through regulated insurers and regulated intermediaries, provides clients with certainty and comfort whilst shifting away from the historic discretionary payments. Coverage under an insurer will often extend to include Good Samaritan and voluntary medical care
As a fast paced evolving professional sector, we work closely with insurers in product development and addressing emerging risks. In addition to traditional professions, we can assist with a range of other healthcare professionals, complementary therapists and other life science risks
Whilst seeking insurance can be perceived as a time consuming and stressful process, support and guidance is key to ensure correct information is provided to insurers. Insurers will want to see that a practitioner/practice can demonstrate skill, knowledge and experience in the conduct of their treatment. Strong internal risk management, accurate and legible record keeping are key.
To find out more please contact us.